Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Myth in my Own Words

Long ago, when man had barely come to creation, the deadly winter and agriculture were created. It all started out with me and my daughter happily going about our lives with not a worry in sight. Then my little Persephone wished to have a love, how preposterous! I said she shouldn't worry about that and she had everything she needed, but i knew that didn't stop her. As the day ended I went and visited my husband, little did i know he was up to no good. I caught Zeus ordering his little son to shoot an arrow at our precious daughter, this inflamed me. I tried to deflect the arrow but it sank into the ground. Not long after Hades rose out of the ground and abducted my beautiful daughter. I felt like a piece of me had been ripped out and set back my job to search for my darling Persephone. Meanwhile the evil Hades has her trapped underground. She is sadly getting happier being underground and falling in love with Hades as he is already with her. While they are celebrating their wedding, Zeus figured out that a serious problem was being created. Since I have been searching for Persephone, my job has been set back and the land has been in a darkness blanketed with snow. If I don't find Persephone, then all of the people will die off and all of the gods will be jobless. So Zeus sent Hermes to do the onerous task Hades. The thought of my daughter leaving angered him, but he knew he had to do it. So he made my darling Persephone a magic pomegranate seed, which would let her spend time in the world above for a month out of the year. When he gave the pomegranate to her, she ate four seeds! Which means she gets to spend four months instead of one above ground with me! Once she came above ground and bloomed with beauty, I was so very happy to see her! The land returned to sunshine and harvesting, although it didn't quite return to how it was before. Since she went into the ground and spend time with Hades four months out of the year, I would make the the lands a desolate. That, my friends is how the winter and agriculture was created!

No comments:

Post a Comment